Being an Active CakeFaerie is voluntary. You are welcome here; Active or Passive, we are all CakeFaeries :)
If you volunteer to be an Active CakeFaerie in your sign-up, or in some later note to cakefaeries *at* gmail.com ...
Then the Great CakeFaeries In The Sky will sometimes suggest some specific other CakeFaeries for Active CakeFaeries to offer cake to.
Your doing so is entirely voluntary :)
Though, if you do carry out the suggested delivery, you should very briefly notify the Great CakeFaeries so that they don't need to summon further CakeFaeries to that particular address at that particular point in time.
Active CakeFaeries abide by the CakeFaerie Rules, in particular as regards how to get the cake to destination, taking note of allergy, vegetarian... notes, and ways in which CakeFaerie activities are inclusive.
Some Active CakeFaeries are Bakey. Others buy cake, and/or distribute cake baked or bought by other CakeFaeries.
Active CakeFaeries involved in distributing Cake, and arranging for cakey surprises, are called Scouty CakeFaeries.
There are occasionally small Bakey CakeFaerie meets (start of term baking parties) and/or small Scouty CakeFaerie raids; these are often small because they are local: CakeFaeries are split up into geographically nearby regions called Fiefs and Realms :)
* So Bakey CakeFaeries bake (and/or decorate) cakes.
* And Scouty CakeFaeries cause the Surprise Cakes to Magically Appear :)
Active CakeFaeries who complete a certain number of bakings and/or cakings are awarded wands [whether sparkly-magical, or bakey-magical, such as whisks :) Sparkly wands' magic is in Scouty CakeFaeries to be able to look the part, which can be useful in finding Cakefaeries, including other raid members, since raids move around a lot, and so can be harder to find than society meetings...] Some Active CakeFaeries additionally run the activities for the below and the website :)
[This website's pictures are also button links to types of CakeFaerie, Events etc. Click on whichever to see more about it :) ]
Our second-biggest activity is Ally Training.
This has Listening, Safer Space Awareness webpage writing, CakeFaeries' Cooperative Scavenger Hunt and Icebreaker Design options.
* The CakeFeries' Cooperative Scavenger Hunt typically has some Listeny Items, some Silly Items, some Bakey Items, and even some Duelly Items.
Silly Items are for those who'd like to participate as Silly CakeFaeries' alias "Sheila and her Dog" :) silly/children's book genre rhymes and puns accompany the cake. Some such lines find their way into Silly Chainstories, which are a great way for students facing very great adversity to start interacting again.
Duelly Items are for those who'd like to participate as Duelly CakeFaeries: Exchanges of Cake are accompanied by Duel and Battle Waterfights (done solely off university property, and with further Rules to ensure we stay safe and don't annoy the general public either).
CakeFaeries: know that you are welcome to be whichever combination you please of Bakey, Scouty, Duelly, Silly, Listeny, or none at all :)
As a Society, we are strong on passive participants' rights to get a good deal out of activities...
Being based on options, the CakeFaeries' Scavenger Hunt also has room within it for more advanced Listeny Ally Training activities. Scavenger Hunt items are presented in person at the start and end of term to CakeFaerie Scavenger Hunt Judges, or by email in the middle of the term. The CakeFaeries' Scavenger Hunt is moreover some Safer Space peoples' Support Group, with particular emphasis on Meaningful Not-in-Person Participation, such as Silly Chainwriting and Listeny Awareness webpage writing :)
All CakeFaeries Activities are moreover one and the same kind of General-Purpose Safer Spaces: abuse-free zones for all who harmeth others not, based on
"People who say they are upset are believed without having to say why, and apologies and non-repeats of what caused it are expected" (0)
We consider being Safer Spaces in this way to be a much more significant aspect of what we do than what exactly our activities consist of. This is much of why the CakeFaerie Rules have very advanced Conduct and Safety sections.
Indeed, our activities are best understood as a collection of what happen to work as Icebreaker Activities for The New, The Shy and The Different, among which the most common and often first encountered is Surprise Cake... Some of the Different then turning out to be Safer Space peoples still currently left out almost everywhere else other than CakeFaeries activities.
We can be viewed as a by-design low-profile pep squad for those who actually are in most need of a pep squad, namely The New, The Shy, The Different and The Downtrodden :)
All, in all be welcome to join CakeFaeries for whichever combination of Cake, Fun, Safeness, CakeFaerie Parents, or Good Deeds ^_^
Looking at the four corners of this year's Societies Fair Banner,
also this year be welcome to reply to sign up for, additionally,
- Wholesome activities
- Ace (Asexual) activities
- Generation Z activities (or feedback on what these might also consist of)
- Social Anxiety Friendly activities
Be welcome also to specify if signing up for any such activities means wanting to receive fortnightly emails about when/where meetings are, or if you'd like your Kindly/Silly notes along such lines (or both) :)
This being the Sign-up Reminder this term, we also add that for CakeFaeries is done on a term-by-term basis; so you'll need to sign up again if you'd like another piece of cake next term...
There is somewhat of a term-by-term pattern to when some CakeFaerie activities are more common. Gives some idea what we do when there isn't a pandemic...
Easter "Relieving Exam Stress" option A substantial amount of cake is given out, especially by Grads, and people who have finished exams for the year. CakeFaerie Scavenger Hunting then becomes active in the Mayweek period :)
Michaelmas "Freshers and Socs" option Most Duelling and Chainwriting tends to occur this term.
Lent "CakeFaerie Siblings" option (There is also CakeFaerie Parenting, like College Parenting but between CakeFaeries, every term.)
This will still be run virtually! :)
Click on the below "CakeFaerie News" button for new items entering our webpages [run by the Silly CakeFaeries' "Sheila Herald" and the Listeny CakeFaeries :) ]
Finally, for an Archive of past terms' CakeFaerie Activities, see here :)
* Having now introduced the Listeny CakeFaeries and Safer Space elements and motives of the Society, we can finish explaining why many of our Organizers, Founders and Backers do this, alongside the name of our Society Stall: Cakefaeries' Safer Space: Surprise Cake, Kindly Notes and Ally Training . Some of us become Allies as follows...
* The CakeFaeries are run as a General-Purpose (In)Visibility and Education Network (G.I.V.E.N.). We explain this in relation to A.V.E.N.: the Asexual Visibility and Education Network, which gives Visibility to Aces who wish for such, and Educates Whoever-is-Willing-to-Listen about Ace matters. A.V.E.N. by now having demonstrably worked well, a G.I.V.E.N. is then a General-Purpose (In)visibily Network, acting peaceably likewise now for ALL Legal-and-Consensual Peoples.
* This Serves in particular those Peoples who Don't Already Have Recognition or Representation Elsewhere. Such as Avoidant Survivors, Non-Normative Survivors, those who are Closeted about Anything, Fluid in any regard, and many more.
* We pay attention to what Safer Space peoples who are left out everywhere else actually wish for in an Ally; they are the ones that define what an Ally means here.
* Our being in part specifically an *In*visibility Network reflects that we say and do what our Closeted Members actually wish for.
Which turn out to be 'non-obvious' things, since almost nowhere in the world has Listened to what it takes to be inclusive of Closeted Peoples. Click below to see the Listeny CakeFaeries' webpage for some examples :)
VI. Some of the Safer Space Peoples whom we support through our activities...
We support Good Peoples who so far have been largely overlooked elsehere; some of these are Highly Invisible Peoples, by which we are in part an Invisibility Network :) Click on whichever to find a linked webpage...
Guiding Document . . . Rules for the CakeFaerie Activity . . . CakeFaeries' Safer Space Rules We now have mirror sites (this page) Front page and mirror
to join cakefaeries, email altwelcome-cakefaeries-this-term *at* srcf.net.